Our Dedicated Faculty & Staff
Accelerated Learning Center in Phoenix, AZ
ALC Leadership Team
- Bachelor of Liberal Art, Loyola Marymount University
- Master of Education and Curriculum and Instruction, Grand Canyon University
- Reading Endorsement, Grand Canyon University
- Master of Educational Leadership, Northern Arizona University
- Elementary Teacher
- ALC English Teacher
- Administrative Intern
- ALC Principal
“I truly feel that every student has the ability to be successful and it is my belief that an educator’s mission is to do everything possible to ensure this success.”
Interesting Fact: Mrs. Curran loves to travel and has lived in Spain and Australia.
- Bachelor of History, Arizona State University
- Master of Education Leadership, Northern Arizona University
- ALC English and History Teacher
- ALC Afternoon Principal
- ALC Assistant Principal
“The cornerstone of my philosophy is attendance, attitude and effort. If you do these three things in school as well as life, your chances of success grow many fold.”
Interesting Fact: Mr. Kabler enjoys hiking every opportunity
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology, Grand Canyon University
- Bachelor of Arts, Arizona State University
- Teacher Certification, Rio Salado Community College
- Technical Writer
- Communications and Marketing Consultant
- ALC English Teacher (10 years)
Interesting Fact: Mrs. Markham is a certified scuba diver.
2023 - 2024 ALC Staff
- Bachelor of Fine Art from the University of Northern Iowa
- Master of Arts, Art Education from the University of Florida
- Master of Arts, Secondary Education from Grand Canyon University
- Middle School Art Teacher
Interesting Fact: Mr. Cady and his wife have three cats named after Shrek and Fiona’s babies.
Special Education Director
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Drake University
- Master of Arts in School Psychology, Capella University
- Special Education Teacher
- School Psychologist
- Adjunct Instructor of Rio Salado Community College
“One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.”
— Carl Jung
Interesting Fact: Mrs. Fantin LOVES all sports and was a collegiate athlete. Her absolute favorite thing to do is play with her baby boy, Dawson.
- Bachelor of Science Middle School Education with an Emphasis in Math and Science, Arkansas State University
- Master of Education in Secondary Education, Grand Canyon University
- Junior High School Math and Science
- High School Math and Science
“Space is full of stars from those before us who weren’t afraid to reach for their dreams. We too need to reach for our dreams so we can also be added among the stars.”
Interesting Fact: Ms. Harris loves dancing and can bust a move every now and then.
Associates in Graphic Arts and Design, Flint Hills Technical College
Associates in Respiratory Therapy, Labette Community College
- Over the years Miss has had several opportunities to listen, teach, coach, and inspire kids of all ages from swim team to softball teams.
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, I’m possible”
— Audrey Hepburn
Interesting Fact: Miss Nelson used to have small hobby farm with ducks, chickens, pigs, goats, and cattle. All the while living in an over the road transit bus converted to a RV.
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in Genetics, Cell and Developmental Biology
- ASU Teacher’s Assistant
“Just do the best you can. No one can do more than that.”
— John Wooden
Interesting Fact: Miss Todd loves sports, especially running and hiking. She tries to go for a run every day and wants to hike the Grand Canyon at some point.
- Bachelor of Education, Arizona State University
- ALC Teacher (25 years)
“Life is a maze. We’ll help you through it.”
Interesting Fact: Mrs. Wright has traveled to all 50 states.
- Bachelor of Arts- Secondary Education, Arizona State University
- Associate of Arts with Honors- History, Phoenix College
- ALC English Teacher
- Middle School History Teacher
Social Studies/PE Teacher
- Bachelor of Political Science, Eastern Illinois University
- Teacher Certification, NAU
- High School History Teacher
- High School Math Teacher
- High School Principal
-Sir Winston Churchill
Mr. Swingler enjoys playing tennis, hiking, disc golfing, and reading. He has run several half-marathons and is looking forward to running a full marathon sometime in the future.
Additional employee education and experience information is available for inspection for all enrolled students and their parents or legal guardians.